Tuesday 12 February 2013

EMBROIDERING THE BUGFLOWER

With the bugs in my design resembling flowers, I wanted my embroidery to reflect this so I set about doing various little tester samples using different stitches to find which would be best for my design. Before I decided on the stitch however, I knew that my embroidered motifs must have a circular shape to them, which is when I decided I would also like to use eyelets in my design. As there is a lot of embellishment on the high street at the moment, I think that the eyelets will help my print fit in with the current demand and also they would give my fabric a little more weight. 
But, back to the stitch type. I finally decided on satin stitch as I can create quite precise shapes using the technique. Then I had a thought, the eyelets would make brilliant centres for flowers! So I have combined the two by stitching around the eyelets and creating the flowers around them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment